Thoughts on Atlas OS?
by Paris - Saturday June 17, 2023 at 06:08 AM
Hey guys,

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on Atlas OS? I'm thinking of setting up my other laptop with security in mind, but would like to stick to Windows on there if possible. Thoughts?
An OS for niggers
I'm a big enjoyer of AtlasOS however it does come with it's quite steep learning curve for anyone who isn't a Windows poweruser
if you're very very comfortable with windows and now it's insides a bit then sure give it a try, it really does help with performance so much on some things however if you're not I'd recommend just using a linux variant with plasma or gnome, up to you
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: (Permanent)
Ban Reason: Multi-Accounting - @RedPanda | Contact us via http://breachedu76kdyavc6szj6ppbplfqoz3p...on/contact if you feel this is incorrect.
(06-17-2023, 06:12 AM)Jewerslvt Wrote: I'm a big enjoyer of AtlasOS however it does come with it's quite steep learning curve for anyone who isn't a Windows poweruser
if you're very very comfortable with windows and now it's insides a bit then sure give it a try, it really does help with performance so much on some things however if you're not I'd recommend just using a linux variant with plasma or gnome, up to you

Appreciate that. I was curious about its performance on my second laptop's machine as well. So I'm glad you could clarify for me that it's not some dog shit pasted garbage that performs horribly and will just fuck my laptop. I saw some great reviews on it of course.
(06-17-2023, 06:12 AM)Jewerslvt Wrote: I'm a big enjoyer of AtlasOS however it does come with it's quite steep learning curve for anyone who isn't a Windows poweruser

also for security? if you're really worried about that don't use Windows in any way at all except through a VM lol :pomquestion:

(06-17-2023, 06:14 AM)Paris Wrote:

Appreciate that. I was curious about its performance on my second laptop's machine as well. So I'm glad you could clarify for me that it's not some dog shit pasted garbage that performs horribly and will just fuck my laptop. I saw some great reviews on it of course.

I've used it myself and it really does do well performance wise, say if your laptop is on the older side and it can't keep up properly and you just want to do basic stuff on it and maybe play some games like TF2, CSGO, Minecraft etc whatever and know your way around windows and it's configuration shittery, then yeah it's a good alternative to 10 to try out
This forum account is currently banned. Ban Length: (Permanent)
Ban Reason: Multi-Accounting - @RedPanda | Contact us via http://breachedu76kdyavc6szj6ppbplfqoz3p...on/contact if you feel this is incorrect.
(06-17-2023, 06:14 AM)Jewerslvt Wrote:

also for security? if you're really worried about that don't use Windows in any way at all except through a VM lol :pomquestion:

I'll be using Atlas OS as my machines main OS. Definitely would still prefer Atlas over Windows. Atlas was made with security and privacy in mind.

(06-17-2023, 06:14 AM)Jewerslvt Wrote:

(06-17-2023, 06:14 AM)Paris Wrote:

I've used it myself and it really does do well performance wise, say if your laptop is on the older side and it can't keep up properly and you just want to do basic stuff on it and maybe play some games like TF2, CSGO, Minecraft etc whatever and know your way around windows and it's configuration shittery, then yeah it's a good alternative to 10 to try out

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Nothing too performance heavy, just basic computing. Thanks for the useful replies.
https://github.com/Atlas-OS/Atlas
Good for the basics, but anymore than that, you'll be doing some troubleshooting. It would be best to run in a VM for your specific tasks IMO.
I don't like this OS
[Image: CGy-ITWAUYAAhw-Fa.jpg]