Its all about AI . . . when artificiality takes over the world
by CaptechPhD - Saturday February 10, 2024 at 02:31 PM
There is a lot of media regarding Generative AI these days. ChatGPT, Google Bard , not to mention WormGPT . . . the next generation of AI. It feels a little like history repeating itself. The internet was built without much understanding of what it would become and how it would impact society. Now generative AI hits the scene and once again, it feels as though we are ill prepared. Do we really understand this technological advancement and where it will take us?

What do you think are the pros and cons of generative AI? Is it a good thing for society?
It is critical that society does not get caught up in the technological fascination and takes the time to fully understand and evaluate the implications of AI .This involves not only considering the immediate benefits, but also anticipating and addressing the potential long-term risks and consequences.
(02-10-2024, 05:21 PM)R3nix8k Wrote: It is critical that society does not get caught up in the technological fascination and takes the time to fully understand and evaluate the implications of AI .This involves not only considering the immediate benefits, but also anticipating and addressing the potential long-term risks and consequences.

I couldn't agree more. But I fear in society's love of convenience that we will adopt now and deal with the consequences later. How do we get people to pay to see more than the convenience of AI and recognize that there are serious issues that come with its adoption? Who's responsibility is it to raise these issues?
ChatGPT is a glorified Google Search, not a true AI. There is no real intelligence there. It can search text and combine sentences. Without understanding it. This is not an AI.
(02-12-2024, 06:02 PM)pitks Wrote: ChatGPT is a glorified Google Search, not a true AI. There is no real intelligence there. It can search text and combine sentences. Without understanding it. This is not an AI.

But generative AI can write code. This must have implications for hacking? No?
in my opinion, the general public doesnt really understand what AI even is. people think they know but in reality they have no clue how machine learning works and its capabilities and flaws. whatever the news says in the morning, they will believe.
(02-13-2024, 03:49 PM)mr_snek_guy Wrote: in my opinion, the general public doesnt really understand what AI even is. people think they know but in reality they have no clue how machine learning works and its capabilities and flaws. whatever the news says in the morning, they will believe.

100% agree. AI has become a tech buzz word that get haphazardly thrown around. Machine learning and AI are used interchangeably despite being different things. That may in fact be the scariest part of it all.  People adopt technologies that they have zero understanding about. The other day, I heard someone say that AI would reduce bias! Are you kidding me???? Generative AI will represent the same biases that are present in the data that it is trained on.
(02-12-2024, 06:46 PM)CaptechPhD Wrote: But generative AI can write code. This must have implications for hacking? No?

It can't write new code. It can search for existing code and combine pieces of existing code. It can't distinguish between bad of good code.
technology moves far faster than morality, integrity, and the bounds of human creativity. it will forever be a mystery what the ultimate use of all of the new emerging bleeding edge whatever is used for
Your concerns are well-founded. Just like the internet, Generative AI is a powerful tool with the potential to bring great benefits and significant challenges. It's natural to feel apprehensive about the unknown, especially when the technology involves creating human-like text and images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World best hacker & The person who hacked me MI6ixy 6 942 12-25-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: MI6ixy
  Are there more bad people or more kind people in the world abd0804 28 2,529 12-15-2023, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Big0421
  The end of the world yni 4 1,317 11-26-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Crypticbuyerr
  Differences and Similarities between the Third World in Cyber Space and the First Wor sentap 2 1,000 09-26-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: DredgenSun
  What Will the World Look Like in 2043 in term of technology? dsa 2 1,047 08-31-2023, 04:36 AM
Last Post: koko